Monday, April 8, 2013

Smartness (Satire)



Smartness
By Julie Boris

            Aren’t ya tired of heering that America isn’t as smart as other contries? The organisation for economic something or other did a test showing that 15 yearolds in the U.S. were 25th outta 30 contries in math and 21st in sience. So it looks like America the Great ain’t so great, huh? Well, it could be beter if peeple stoped worreeing about skool and tests and got jobs. The only reeson that the U.S. is 12th in welth out of 142 contries is cuz of peeple like me who droped outta skool and worked insted. America needs money and the only way we are gunna get it is from hard work and not from reeding some stoopid sience book and studeeing shapes and numbers and stuff. As you can cleerly see I reelly don’t like skools and I think that we shood get rid of ‘em. 
            If skools are goten rid of teechers cant give tests. If teechers cant give tests stewdents wont have grades. If stewdents dont have grades they cant be cumpaired to other contries by how smart they are. Peeple will work more make more money and will be so much happyer. They will have more time to relax cuz they won’t have to spend alot of time studying stuff that they will forget as soon as a test is over. Also, skools just take up room. If we get rid of ‘em, we can build restrants, parks, and stores-useful things. People will thank me for my “unhighschooldiploma’d” smartness.
            My mother reelly wanted me to go to collej. She always quoted this guy named Aristotle who said, “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead”.
(Goodreads.com/Aristotle) I think that this guy, whoever he may be is wrong. I really don’t think

that some lawer or doctor that has a degre is beter than me. Tons of peeple respect me-the little boy at 7-11 always asks me what flavur slushee he shood get. I’m so lucky that I droped out of skool and didn’t have to deel with all the cumpetitiveness and stress. As a kid, all my frends spent there week ends studiing for math tests-which is another thing I don’t get! What’s the point of lerning math anyways?! They have these majical things called “calculators” to help us and I was never going to become a mathamajician. All my tests were full of butiful doodels that I was very prowd of. All my teechers told me that Id never get any wear but look at me now-37, living in my parents basement (where I even get my own bathroom!), great job at McDonalds, and I am one of the smartest people I know. The cost of comunity collej is arownd $2,076 per year ("What Does a Community College Cost?/Carter, Michael). I make 7 dollars an hour. I’d have to work for 296 hours for me to be able to go. Id like to thank my mom and her CALCULATOR for helping me with that math. I’d also have to go back to high school to get my diploma. I don’t even know why I’m thinking about this-I already have a job without one. I just feel bad for all of those people who are wasting lots of money and time on collej edjacations that are not needed to make money.
Ive given u many reesons why skools shood be gotten rid of. Again, I droped out of skool and I turned out fine! I have a gr8 job that I didn’t even need to no why E = mc2 to get. If you ask any sucksessful person who gradjuated from high skool what they ‘member about their 11th grade geometry class or 10th grade Spanish class they would say “nada”. That’s cuz unless you grow up to become like an arkitect or a Spanish teecher or sumthing, classes like these are just not needed. I hope I have convinced you to drop out of school right now and to spred my wunderfull mesage to everyone you know. We have to work together and show the world that we don’t need stoopid tests and skools to show us how smart we cleerly are.

Works Cited
Carter, Michael. "What Does a Community College Cost?" N.p., 17 Jan. 2006. Web. 28 Dec. 2012.
<http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Does-a-Community-College-Cost?&id=130238>
Goodreads. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Dec. 2012.
<http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/30311-the-educated-differ-from-the-uneducated-as-much-
as-the>.

No comments:

Post a Comment