Friday, June 1, 2012

The Vigor of Words




The Vigor of Words
by Arianna Zarka

They tumble off your gentle lips,
Travel deep into my heart.
They are like songs playing in my head,
Over, and over, and over again.
They look so lovely and radiant,
Yet gently kill.
They travel through my ears,
Into the depths of the sea.
They drift through the ocean,
Slowly swaying with waves,
Melting like butter in the sun.
They are submerging into me,
Looking lustrous and glorious,
A burden of affliction on my back.
The ocean becomes tumultuous,
And the waves weave through each other.
They are trying to eliminate
The insinuating pleasant words,
From the quiet and peaceful sea.
There is thunder and lightening,
The fish are paralyzed with fear.
The ocean is now angry and uneasy.
The waves keep pushing and pushing,
But it’s too late.
The words have already sunk to the bottom.




















No comments:

Post a Comment