Thursday, March 7, 2013

Retirement/The Golden Years


12th Grade Theme: Retirement/The Golden Years




Bright, jubilant roses,
My life decomposes to dust,
No desire for lust.
All that remains is trust in her.
I think of what we were,
Some of it is a blur but I
Remember just how shy
She was when I walked by and how
I miss her so much now,
Years after that great vow and still,
Now I feel the same thrill.
She will always fulfill my life.
She is my deceased wife.
I overflow with strife because
Age has given me flaws
And I wish I could pause time and
Place her hand in my hand
And roll around in the sand like we
Used to do by the sea,
Such a sweet memory; alas,
Sad how all things must pass,
A broken blade of grass is me,
Because I am lonely,
And I desperately need my
Wonderful honey pie.
I might begin to cry. She’s like
My other half. I strike
The door and start to hike up the
Mountain which has extra
Sun and a new freesia. I dance
And think of my romance,
All I see in distance- roses.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, it made me cry. You are a very mature writer and I loved your poem. Amy Wohl

    ReplyDelete