Thursday, March 7, 2013

Courtship & Marriage



10th Grade Theme: Courtship & Marriage
By Rebecca Rosen





It was the first of June

And as the clock strikes noon I see

Standing right before me

Beautiful as can be it’s her

All else becomes a blur

My thoughts began to stir they were

A jumble and a slur

No one else I’d prefer but sam

As fragile as a lamb

A little push, oh damn! A shove

A new gift from above,

My lord, this must be love! I swoon



Her eyes, heavenly stars

No longer I find found cars so fine

Because she is divine

All else became sheer swine so why

As ten months ticked on by 

I knew but not to cry so she

While I’m down on one knee

said sweet the words to me, “of course!”

And as my voice grows hoarse

I cannot feel remorse it’s love! It’s ours



I stand at the altar

My hopes not to falter, I knew

Said those two words, “I do”

The joy that blew right through my soul

She completes me, we’re whole

But her love took no toll one breath

Do us part until death

And so in that breath, we swore

All troubles out the door , they ran

One day in June it began

Much More powerful than the sea

Love between you and me

If only you could see then wake

Loving you? Piece of cake!

And as the leaves will shake, whisper

Quite a lovely kisser

Misses to my mister I know

That even as the snow

And wind screams and blows too hard

And the scotching sun charred

The earth, it’s now so scarred and worn

Our son, finally born

The seasons leave us torn but still

Our love, it must, it will

Fight any storm or chill, a dove

Pure white, just like our love!

No comments:

Post a Comment