Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Enlightenment



















The Enlightenment  
by Jordana Jampel
Crash; it hits me harder than this logic
As I try decoding this philosophical project
People spent their whole lifetime thinking
Food and shelter provided all by partitioning
But only now do I realize how
These thoughts can cut like a prow
Sparking a match, ignite!, it lights up
And starts to eliminate all the world’s abrupt
Teacher to student, mind to mind
Passing knowledge while trying to find
A way to hold that light and connect
Spitting out ideas without regrets
As clear as Pythagoras and his golden ratio
Or the quest for the interpretation of Plato
Some thinker’s ideas thought of as comparative
And as innate as Kant’s categorical imperative
But who am I you may ask yourself
Just a young girl, almost as short as an elf
But height can’t stop me, neither can age
I still have a mind, packed with light and rage
I may be no philosopher, with a beard and all
But if you stop tuning in, I’m sure you’ll have symptoms of withdrawal
I’ve opened my ears, and liberate my eyes
Clear as the holy water used to be baptized
Just like a chain smoker flicking live ash on me
I feel that spark of light serve as an appointee
To a secret union that pass around the torch
A genuine theory, steep and complex as a gorge
As an amateur teacher I spew this philosophy
Of luminous rhymes, phrases, and analogy

No comments:

Post a Comment