Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Follower

By Anna Glasman

It was a sunny Thursday afternoon when this really popular boy from school, Brian Miller, started following me. I first noticed when I was walking home. I did not really mind at first, mostly because I thought it was a mistake, I mean, it must be, right? He is super gorgeous and then there is me; he must have just passed me and started following me by mistake. I honestly do not care about my looks as much as other girls in my school do, however, I do know that I am definitely not the prettiest girl in school. I mean, picture it, I have brown, messy hair that is always up in a ponytail because I am too self conscious to put it down. I have braces and glasses that I try not wear as much as possible. I am also a little over weight, at least according to my doctor. Then there’s Brian. Who is absolutely flawless with naturally perfect teeth, dirty blonde hair and bright green eyes that just warm my heart every time I see them. When I told my friends that I saw him following me, they nearly freaked out. They are obsessed with him as much as any girl in my grade, which is a lot. My best friend, Danielle, told me that he must like me because we all know that he never follows anyone, especially right after school, but I did not
believe it, although it did give me some self confidence.

I spent the entire next day trying to prevent myself from hugging Aaron every time I saw him in the hallway. I know this sounds crazy, but I am actually starting to think he meant to follow me and that it might not have been a mistake and that gives me butterflies in my stomach. I was walking home from school again when Danielle called me with some terrible news! She said that she was just hanging out with our other friend, Abby, and was bragging about how her best friend was being followed by the dazzling Brian Miller. Then, Abby told her that just the other day, she noticed that Brian was following her, too, and that she was astonished! I was so devastated when Danielle told me this that that night, I cried to my mom and she was very confused. She said, “Why are you so upset that this boy is also following another girl? It is not that big of a deal, sweetie!”

 I was about to answer that it is a big deal when I realized that she was right,  I was not really sure 

why I was so sad, I mean, it’s just Instagram, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment