Monday, November 3, 2014

Meditation


She shut off the lights.
She said to relax.
To go to a place
Of peace and happiness.

When I closed my eyes, I imagined us.
The only taste that I could sense upon my tongue
Was the taste of your soft, strawberry lips.
My happy place was in your arms, where I felt safe.

I could see us running
Out in the pouring rain
And then I hooked my legs
Around your waist and we kissed.

The kiss was like an apple
Soft, red, and delicious
I just bit right into it
With vicious appetite.

When my imagination sank in deep,
I could hear your heart beating
And feel your warm body beside me
There, nothing bad could happen

And every time I am distraught
And every time all hope seems lost
I will return to that place
Inside my heart, my thoughts, my mind

  Much of this was just my imagination
 But what makes me happy is it’s partly true
 And even though I may never return in reality,
 I will always have that memory saved within me.

You’re the only guy who’s ever made me write non-rhyming.

Screw you.


No comments:

Post a Comment